Thursday, April 13, 2006

Real Estate Agents

I'm going to look at some houses today or tomorrow with a couple of Real Estate agents. I'm debating whether or not I should hire them. They both seem like nice ladies and I would guess they are not crooked but I am still a little leery about inking them because I don't know what to look for in a Real Estate agent. Basically, all I am looking for in a house is a good value. Something that will someday make me some money. I go look at houses with these ladies and they keep saying things like "oh, I see you really like knobby pine" or "so, you don't like shotgun style ranches". LADY, I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THOSE THINGS ARE! What am I suppose to be looking for in a Real Estate person?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look for someone that understands what you want. Tell them up front what your objective is. I've been very lucky to have two really good realtors for the houses I bought because they both understood what my objectives were in finding a house. If you tell them you just want something to make you money later, they will probably be better able to help you, because being realtors, they understand what brings a premium in real estate.

D-D said...

Thanks for the advice!