Thursday, April 13, 2006

The Best Investment I Ever Made

About three years ago I dropped three grand to have LASIK eye surgery. According to the commercial I saw this morning, now you can get the surgery for less than half what I paid. Regardless, I do not regret it for second. Having worn contacts for 10 years and now being able to to just jump out of bed without crawling to the table with my contacts is worth almost any price. The surgery itself only took 15 minutes or so but it was a little weird. It entails somone cutting a flap into your cornea, peeling it back, then you staring at a red dot for a couple minutes. It was hard for me because the stupid Doctor kept yelling to stare at the light and, I admit, I was having difficulty but that was because MY CORNEA WAS MISSING! But, if you can get past the 15-20 minutes of akwardness it is pretty much painless and definitely life changing. I highly recommend it.

No comments: