Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Buying a new car

I had every intention of buying a USED car. I sold my car and starting scanning all of the online dealerships looking for a mid-size truck that would lower my monthly payment but not kill me on gas. In the midst of my search it hit me that I am moron. With all of the incentives out there and my family's sad dependence on working in the auto industry I can get a brand new truck for a few grand more than a used. For instance I went looking at a Chevy Colorado, with my GM discount and $3750 in incentives that knocks damn year $6k of the price of the truck. With that said I can get a used Colorado with 30,000 miles for $15K or a new one with 0 miles for around 18K. The GM discount and incentives more than cover the depreciation when I drive off the lot so
I think the decision is easy......the difficult part is finding a lot that still has Colorados.

No comments: