Friday, May 12, 2006

Estate Sales and eBay

I mentioned to a coworker today that I might get up early-ish tomorrow and hit up a few estate sales to look for items for the home I intend to buy so I won't have to buy everything after I move in. When I said that she kind of chuckled and told me she wanted to show me something. We went into my office and she proceeded to login into eBay. Apparently this women spends most of her free time either hunting for things to sell on eBay or researching the items she has acquired. The thing I can not get over is the profit margin on some of the items. She must have a magic eye or something because she showed me probably a dozen items, keep in mind she has over 80 listed, that she bought for a few bucks and sold for $30, $50, or even $100. It's not even like they were all precious antiques or something either, some of the items were from outlet stores like dishes and kitchen items. So with that said I am going to every Estate Sale within a hundred miles tomorrow and buying anything and everything. I have no idea what I am doing or what I am looking for but I assure that come tomorrow evening I will have a pile of shit consisting things I don't need and probably can't sell. I am a simple minded idiot.

No comments: